SEO – Search engine optimization
Are you new to the subject of search engine optimization ? Or do you need to polish your knowledge on this topic?
You can find here the basics that you need for acquiring all the knowledge that will help you make a good SEO on your website.
The definition of SEO – Search engine optimization
Search engine optimization, also known as SEO defines the set of methods, technical and marketing know-how which allows a web page to be positioned as high as possible in the result pages of search engines (Google, Bing...).
To optimize the SEO of your site, it is possible to intervene on many variables such as urls, keywords contained in your pages, inbound links, outbound links,...
Therefore, search engine optimization (SEO) is the way you structure your website so that search engines interpret, analyze and classify it optimally. But be careful not to focus only on search engines. You should also pay attention to your visitors and make sure they can use your website in a clear and ergonomic way.
In short, SEO is the art of making all the information contained in your site accessible and readable both by search engines and by your visitors.
Is the organic SEO « organic » ?
The organic SEO is by no means « organic » since it uses advanced techniques and its principle is to influence the ranking of your page.
The word „organic” is used simply to differentiate the SEO by the paid advertising also called « sponsored links ».
Moreover, in principle SEO is completely free since you can decide to manage your own SEO (without using an agency) and search engines like Google or Bing do not ask for financial compensation.
The objectives of SEO
In this section we list the most probable objectives that your organization may have when implementing an SEO strategy.
Also note that this list is not exhaustive since each organization has its own goals depending on its specific activities.
- Increasing incoming traffic
- Targeting qualified leads
- Having a viable and steady ranking in the search engines compared to your competitors
- Lowering your acquisition costs
- Limiting your necessity to use paid advertising channels
Is SEO accessible to everybody?
SEO is a complex discipline, but its foundations are very easy to understand. If you have basic HTML knowledge, a little common sense and the necessary time, you should be able to optimize your website’s SEO. Besides, properly applying the basic elements is sometimes enough to make a difference in front of your competitors.
Another advantage of the SEO is that the sources of information are numerous and free on the Internet. The proof is yakaferci.com !
To go further and develop a real SEO expertise, we must study and practice as many cases as possible.
Note that for mastering SEO you need three essential qualities:
- Writing original content for search engines, but also for your visitors. Do not copy / paste existing content on the web. Recently, Google started a relentless war against the "duplicate content", thanks to its Panda algorithm .
- Marketing knowledge that will help you find the strategic keywords and correlate the needs of visitors with the content of your pages .
- Technical concepts for structuring and optimizing your website to make it accessible and understandable by search engines. If you are not the webmaster who designed the website, you do not have to perfectly master this part, the concepts should be enough to know how to spot areas of improvement. Feel free to use the Yakaferci tool for this part.
It is not necessary to perfectly master these three qualities: good knowledge, practice and permanently monitoring market developments should be enough.
The free Yakaferci tool for analyzing the SEO of your pages
Analyze your web pages with our free SEO Page Analyzer :